Day 5 of a 15-day cleanse
Breakfast (7:30 a.m.): I started work at 5:00 a.m. to finish up a project that I needed to submit first thing in the morning. I’m not much of a morning person but I feel super productive when every time I get an early start.
I made a juice (kale, celery, carrots, romaine lettuce, apples, ginger root, and lemon) and realized how much a lemon makes a difference in it. This was my first time adding this citrus fruit in a juice and I loved it. It cuts the slight residual bitterness of kale completely and it makes the entire concoction unbelievably refreshing!
Lunch (11:00 a.m.): My body was craving the broccoli salad so much that I had to eat lunch earlier than usual. To make sure that I have sufficient protein intake, I added tofu to the salad. I crumbed it in and it looked and tasted just like cottage cheese. I had some strawberries for dessert.
Snack #1 (2:00 p.m.): Juice time! I think this is very similar to Mean Green, but with carrots. I was able to cut down the apple to just one this time! I can’t get over how much I’m loving the lemon in the drink!
Snack #2 (4:00 p.m.): Carrot sticks (3 medium ones) with hummus, plus a grapefruit.
Dinner (7:00 p.m.): Spinach and arugula salad with red onion, avocado, and mango chunks, dressed in ginger dressing.
- My hands and feet are no longer freezing; but then again, it’s also warmer outside today so that can be why.
- My hair feels softer!
- I’ve been sleeping better at night. I don’t wake up as often and I feel refreshed when I wake up.
- My skin feels drier the last few days … my arms are a little itchy.
- My digestive system is working better than ever!
- I’m in a better mood lately … and I find myself talking and saying hello to vegetables.
- I’ve lost 3 pounds so far and my face feels softer, around the neck area.
Inspiring.. yum. What kind of juicer do you use?
Hi GodGirl! My juicer is Breville BJE200XL 700-Watt Compact Juice Fountain. It’s good for the price!
OK cool, thanks 🙂