I’m in the middle of organizing bookshelves around the apartment to make room for something wonderful.
My new rules about books:
- Buy all fictions on Kindle (the ones I read once)
- Only buy physical books that can be kept as references, such as cookbooks, craft books, or professional skills-based books
- There will be no more book spillage. This bookshelf is the only real estate for reference books, so if I want a new book, I must get rid of an existing one to make room.
- If I don’t open a book even once within six months, I will give it away to a friend, or donate to a local library
- Lend any of these books to friends who want to read them. Sharing is caring.