I completely contradicted what I said before about New Year’s resolutions and came up with some for 2012. Some are straight-forward resolutions while other are monthly challenges. I would like to think of these as action items, with deadlines!
I plan to blog about these challenges and keep you posted on how things are going!
Action Items for 2012
1. Survive on a $100 grocery budget for an entire month
2. Eat vegetarian diet for an entire month (not vegan, unfortunately, since I love honey and yogurt too much)
3. Dine at home for an entire month (except when I’m traveling when I have no choice but to dine out)
4. Work out every day for an entire month
5. Cook from the Tanita cookbook for an entire month
6. Run 10 half marathons this year (full marathon counts as two half marathons)
7. Read at least 12 new books this year
8. Save at least $20,000 this year
9. Make at least $1,200 from Etsy business this year
10. Lose one pound a week and maintain it for life
Lunch (12:00 p.m.): I’m glad my New Year’s resolution didn’t include waking up early because I totally slept in this morning. I had a leftover soup from yesterday for lunch. This is the soup that has been passed down from my father’s side of the family for years. Just like Thanksgiving dinner, we, for some reason, only eat this once a year. We should definitely change that because the soup is out-of-this-world delicious.
Afternoon snack (3:00 p.m.): Smoked salmon sandwich with leftover Italian bread, with Arnold Palmer from Trader Joe’s. It’s way too sweet so I added water to dilute the drink.
Dinner (6:45 p.m.): Sliced onion, avocado, and smoked salmon salad, plus croutons. This is pretty much the same thing I had as an afternoon snack but deconstructed.
Okay, off to cleaning the apartment! I’m looking forward to the start of the work year tomorrow. I know that this going to be an amazing year for me, both professionally and personally, and it will be for you as well!