There is a reason why I’m marry this man (aside from the fact that he is the coolest dude around). He knows exactly what I love! My fiancé bought me a box full of macarons because he knows how much I’m obsessed with these little French cookies. These colorful morsels are from Bodega Louie. They were absolutely heavenly. 🙂
I have to admit that I am still very green when it comes to macarons. I haven’t been to ‘Lette Macarons or any other popular destinations, but out of the small handful of places I’ve tried, these are my favorites so far (Updated August 2011):
- Sadaharu Aoki (Paris, France) — The absolute BEST in the world.
- Laduree (Paris, France)
- Gerard Mulot (Paris, France)
- ‘Lette (Beverly Hills, Pasadena, Los Angeles) — my favorite in LA.
- Renauld’s Patisserie and Bisto (Santa Barbara)
- Little Next Door (Mid-City West)
- Jin Patisserie (Venice)
- Euro Pane Bakery (Pasadena) Changed my mind after trying several more times.
- Bodega Louie (Downtown, LA)
I also really liked macarons from Boule. It’s unfortunate that it closed down. Which places are your favorites? Any recommendations?